Put simply, elephants are cool as shit. It’s no surprise that a major part of visiting Thailand is getting to see them up close and personal! In fact, we’d say any trip lacking elephants was one poorly planned. The animals are a key component of Thai culture (and give us all a reason to wear elephant pants).
However, you need to be aware that not all elephant sanctuaries are created equal. Many elephant sanctuaries in Thailand are severely misnamed. Rather than supporting the animals, they train them in cruel, abusive ways. And while conditions are improving nationwide, many elephants are still suffering.
Every Day in either the Morning Session or Afternoon Session:
- AM Session (6:30 AM – 12:30 PM) – Pick Up/Drop Off from Slumber Party Hostels Phuket
- PM Session (12:30 PM – 6:30 PM) Pick Up/Drop Off from Slumber Party Hostels Phuket
You will have the opportunity to visit the Elephant Sanctuary in Phuket. You will begin the day learning about the elephants in Thailand and the rehabilitation efforts of the sanctuary before getting to meet the Elephants in person. During this time you will be given the chance rub and pet them as well bathe them and feed them food. But NO Riding here. Before concluding your time at the Elephant Sanctuary you will receive a buffet Thai lunch.
Booking & Things to Note:
- All Bookings Must Be Made at least 48 hours prior to the day you would like to attend the tour
- Bookings within 48 Hours are non-refundable and cannot be cancelled
- All bookings Must Be Confirmed
- Please specify where you are staying if you are not staying at Slumber Party Hostel in the Notes sections of the check-out
- Please specify if you would like to go on the AM or PM tour
- Once your Booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email from us confirming your details