Coronavirus blues got you down? Travel plans been canceled? Running out of Netflix series to watch? Don’t worry we got your back! And if you have watched the Justin Beiber documentary, don’t be too hard on yourself, we did too, Netflix has some deep dark corners, but I digress.
Let’s talk about how we can make your quarantine time a little more fun and a little less like prison with some fun ideas that you can do with your friends that you met while travelling. Without further ado, 1 of our TOP 5 at Covid-19 Activities!
Host a virtual beer pong tournament:
Why not? Post Malone did here, then again he also did a Nirvana tribute and absolutely crushed it, so it seems like the man is unstoppable. Anyways, here is what you need to do in order to host an awesome virtual beer pong tournament.
Pick your platform
- Zoom: Everyone knows zoom these days and super easy to use, only difficulty is the awkward silence that you must endure every time you click the leave meeting button
(insert awkward smile gif)
- Google Hangouts: If you have a gmail address and your friends do as well it cannot get much easier than this.
- Facebook Live: If you are feeling really ambitious and you would like to host a live tournament for all your friends to watch this is a great option.
Set Up You Camera
This weekend I did my first virtual hangouts and saw friends we rarely get to see for happy hours. I can also confirm that virtual beer pong is possible, you just need 4 phones and facetime – one on each couple, one on each set of cups. pic.twitter.com/Uhpz8cVP6l— Alyson Shontell (@ajs) March 23, 2020
We suggest setting your virtual opponents cups up in front of the camera and then measuring from the front of the first cup to where you are standing (2 to 2.5 meters) then this way you will clearly be able to see each other’s cups and prevent cheating 🙂
Pick Your Poison
- Beer: Always a popular choice, but since you are locked down, why not spice it up.
- Kitchen Roulet: Pick random ingredient from the kitchen and mix them together, the more disgusting the better
- Water: Just kidding! No self respecting beer pong player does that
- Tequila: GodSpeed, send us pictures 🙂
Place Your Bets
Any good beer pong game has a wager attached to it, whether it be a financial one, or a crazy bet / dare that the loser must complete, we suggest you get creative and have some lockdown fun by experimenting with some awesome consequences for losing.
Some ideas to get your started:
- Dump a bucket of ice water over your head
- Shave an eyebrow
- Posts a picture of them in a ridiculous outfit online
- Chug a bottle of maple syrup
Beer Pong is a great way to pass the time and have a lot of fun doing it. So get your friends on a virtual call, lay out the rules and let’s see some balls flying, beers chugged, and some weird challenges and dares dished out to the unfortunate losers. We are excited to see the results of your tournament SEND PICS!!! Let us know how your tournament goes in the comment below.