Are You Up To The Challenge Phangan?
If you’re going to Koh Phangan then chances are you’re looking for one of two things. Party or relaxation. Thanks to The Challenge Phangan there’s now an option for both. Looking for a way to cool down and have fun? This is for you.
Situated over on the east coast of the island The Challenge is a water park with a difference. The obstacle course set in a natural lake is legendary. As the name suggests this is no walk in the park and you’ll certainly be in need of a lie down with a few cold ones to recuperate afterwards!
The set up here is made from huge inflatables. An air-filled obstacle course comprises bouncing balls, perilous climbing walls, rocking and rolling barrels and arm exhausting monkey bars. After a quick safety talk and question session it’s time to take to the water. You’ll be able to explore the course, try the obstacles a few times and get a feel for it. Once you’re ready, the fun really begins.
Show us your war face! Bellow a roar! Then charge at the course with all your strength. It’s time trial time! If you really impress and set a competitive time your name will be added to the leaderboard for everlasting glory. Until someone else beats your time…
- The Rope Swing – your first start unleashes the timer
- Stepping Stones – slippery and best attacked with speed
- Monkey Bars – swinging is faster, drop in and you’ll have to swim
- Rolling Barrels – speed is king, take too long and you’ll be spun into the drink
- The Inflatable Mountain – around 15ft high, this is your slippery Everest
- The Big Red Balls – you’ve seen Total Wipeout, you know the drill
Taking on The Challenge isn’t all that there is to do at the water park. You’ll no doubt spot the huge, inflatable blob, and no, it’s not just a comfy cushion. Lie down at one end and wait. Thanks to science, physics and the laws of motion (plus some members of staff) you’ll be rocketed into the air like a homemade firework.
There’s very little chance of completing the blob gracefully. Embrace it, try and pull your best pose and try not to land on your face. Don’t worry, if you don’t quite nail the landing there are lifeguards on hand and the staff are great at making sure everyone is safe and having a good time.
What to Bring
- An entry fee of 500 Baht covers you for the whole day of water fun
- Your choice of swim kit – Note: you will be bouncing and jumping and falling…
- Enough energy to fill a few bottles of M150
- Sun cream – easy to forget when you’re in and out of the water. Don’t forget. You’ll thank us later!
- There’s no dignity once you’re on the course. So, don’t worry about bringing that!
The Challenge Phangan Insider Tip
Don’t worry about having to leave your stuff out. There are plenty of lockers available for rent. There’s also a handy café which can provide you with moderately priced refreshing drinks and snacks. If you’ve got any questions, queries or concerns just approach the staff. They’re all friendly and willing to help you have a great time.