Best Places To Party In Cambodia
At Slumber HQ we’ve realised that our recent blog posts, whilst really helpful, don’t seem very Slumber like. So for today’s post we’ve ditched the food advice, parked the hiking info and we’re back to what we love to do the most, party! So without further ado, here is our guide to the Best Places To Party In Cambodia…..
Siem Reap, also known as the gateway to the ruins of Angkor, is host to a huge number of bars that can suit your needs. As we mentioned in a previous blog post the best area to party in Siem Reap is Pub Street.
Located close to the Old Market, Pub Street has become synonymous with partying in Siem reap and is home to bars, clubs, restaurants, street food and shops. So once that 2am hunger kicks in after a night of partying you wont be left struggling to find food!
As we already highlighted in our Top 5 Bars in Siem Reap blog post, our recommendations are;
- The Angkor What? Bar – The bar that started it all off! If you love your pub crawls this is definitely the place for you.
- X-Bar – Super cool bar with a skate ramp on the roof, live DJ and fire shows every night. This is definitely one of Siem Reap’s coolest bars
- YOLO – The perfect spot to meet to meet backpackers, enjoy loud music and cheap drinks!
- Picasso Bar – A little bit on the boujee side compared to the rest of the bars in this list, Picasso Bar has a great selection of cocktails and wines. It’s definitely worth the visit if you’re looking for a change of scenery
- Soul Train Reggae Bar – The only reggae bar in Siem Reap, Soul Train is a chilled place that will give a chance to relax and socialise rather than chug buckets and dance around to EDM.
Capital City! Phnom Penh, once dubbed the Paris of the East has a wealth of sites and attractions at your fingertips, but we’re only interested in the bars of course 😉
Fortunately for you guys, Phom Penh has a range of bars and clubs for you to choose from with area’s such as Bassac Lane being the most popular. Check out our team’s selection;
- Club Love – Okay so Club Love is technically not a bar, but, it is the perfect place to visit as a backpacker. The club is a relatively cheap night out, has happy hours and a great place to party with music ranging from hip-hop to house and pop to alternative.
- Red Bar – An upmarket dive bar (if you can imagine such a thing exists), Red Bar is a great spot to spend an evening. With $1 beers, frozen margaritas and live music, you’d be wrong to not visit it!
- Garage Bar – At Garage Bar you get the best of both worlds as it’s a bar with a restaurant on site, and it’s famous for it’s burgers! Not only that but it has good priced drinks, and, they even take music requests. Win Win!
The coastal party town of Cambodia! Sihanoukville is a destination for backpackers looking to either party hard or just chill at a beach bar and watch the sun go down. Not only this but Sihanoukville is a gateway to Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem, so it’s a great location to head to.
Pro Tip – Be on the lookout for promoters handing out flyers along Serendipity Beach and don’t miss out on some deals
With that being said, here is the team’s top choices;
- Jack and Daniels Bar – The best bar in town! Located in Serendipity, Jack and Daniels is the ultimate late night backpacker bar and a great place to socialise with people. It has a great atmosphere and everyone who parties here has a great time!
- JJ’s Playground – Just like Jack and Daniels, JJ’s is a great place to party until very late, and if you’re looking for a wild night then this truly is your playground. Seeing as their tagline is ‘Lets Get Wasted’, you know that you’re in for a great night out!
- Otres Corner – For those looking for a Koh Phangan style beach party this is for you. Hosting Techno and trance nights, Otres Corner is an awesome bar and yet another bar that is open until very very late!
Over to you!
That wraps up our team’s guide to some of the best bars and clubs in Cambodia. Like what you see, or think we’re missing some awesome spots? Let us know in the comments!
*COVID-19 NOTICE – This is written to the best of knowledge, if you have any updated information about the places listed in our blog post please let us know so that we can update this!*